LIKE Us On Facebook

Please Wait 20 Seconds...!!!or like our page

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Sponsorship by a Greek employer-How to apply for a working visa if i am abroad

To enter Greece and apply for a permit, a type D work visa or as filipinos called "working visa", is needed and it must specify dependent employment. Applying for a residence and work permit based on an employment offer from a Greek employer can take quite a long time for process (approximately 12 months).
The visa must be sponsored by an employer for a specific position,who has annual taxes 24.000€ or more (24,000.00 EUR=1,464,501.14 PHP)  which cannot be filled by a Non-Greek. Work permits are only granted to foreigners living abroad if it's clear that there are no local residents to take the position. The Greek employer needs to file an application at his local Municipality Immigration office, forward the application to Greek Employment Office (OAED) and pay a deposit 3 months salary in advance . If the application is approved, the foreign citizen after he enters Greece, must apply for a local tax number (AFM), subscribe to the social security fund for employees (IKA) and apply for one year residence permit. Changing work places within the same industry may be allowed if one holds a valid work permit and has been working for a period of a least one year.
Disclaimer: While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of this publication, it is not intended to provide legal advice as individual situations will differ and should be discussed with an expert and/or lawyer. For specific technical or legal advice on the information provided and related topics, please contact the author.
post signature
Twitter News Recently updated
Back To Top