Saturday, January 4, 2014
Latest Firecracker Injuries Count: 962 Victims
Dept. of Health announced that the number of firecracker victims has risen to 962. DOH Asec. Tayag said on his official Twitter account that out of the total number of people injured, 943 were due to firecrackers and 17 were due to stray bullets while there were 2 cases of firecracker ingestion. Tayag said of the 943 individuals that were injured 359 or 38% were using piccolo. Tayag said the number of injured individuals is 5% higher compared to 2012. He said the only 929 were injured last year. He said that 902 of which were due to firecrackers and 25 were stray bullet. There were also 2 cases of firecracker ingestion. On Friday, Tayag said most fireworks related injuries were caused by the firecracker piccolo which were imported and considered illegally on the country. Tayag said they will conduct an investigation to see why illegal firecrackers such as piccolo are still being sold. The health officials also said the Dept of Health will work with Bureau of Customs to bar entry of illegal fireworks in the country.
Twitter News Recently updatedTweets by @tsismosaonline_