Monday, December 30, 2013
Firework Injuries Rises Dept. of Health Reports 198 Cases
2 days before the New Year's Eve celebration the Dept. of Health said yesterday the number of fireworks related injuries continues to soar as it now nears the 200 mark. Asec. Tayag said that as of 6 a.m. yesterday 198 fireworks related injuries had already been recorded. He said the list included 192 fireworks related injuries a single cases of firecracker ingestion and 5 incidents of stray bullets injuries. Tayag said most of these incidents happened in Metro Manila with 24 cases followed by Quezon City with 7 cases and Mandaluyong City with 6 cases. He also said the number of recorded injuries for the period was higher compared to last year. Meanwhile the House leadership is not yet convinced that there is a need to pass a measure seeking to impose a total ban on the use of firecrackers. Ifugao Rep. Baguilat also agreed with his colleagues saying that instead of banning the use of firecrackers, stricter penalties should be slapped against those producing and selling explosive firecrackers.
Twitter News Recently updatedTweets by @tsismosaonline_