LIKE Us On Facebook

Please Wait 20 Seconds...!!!or like our page

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

EXCLUSIVE-View video 21-year Filipina gave birth to a baby girl during the Super Typhoon Yolanda (Haiyan), after death hope for Philippines

In the midst of all the chaos and devastation in the Philippines a baby girl was safely born in the rubble of a typhoon-devastated airport. 
Emily Ortega, 21, gave birth in a destroyed airport compound that was turned into a makeshift medical centre, with her bed a piece of dirty plywood resting amid dirt, broken glass, twisted metal, nails and other debris.
'She is so beautiful. I will name her Bea Joy in honour of my mother, Beatriz,' Ortega whispered shortly after giving birth.
Safe delivery:
Safe delivery: Cheers broke out this morning when 21-year old Emily Ortega gave birth to a baby girl in the city of Tacloban. Bea Joy is carried by her aunt
Ortega said her mother was swept away when giant waves generated by Super Typhoon Haiyan surged into their home near Tacloban city, the capital of Leyte province which was one of the worst-hit areas, and she has not been seen since.
Starvation and fear in the land laid waste by 200mph typhoon that killed at least 10,000: Dazed survivors scour the streets for food and mobs attack aid trucks in Philippines
Typhoon Haiyan feared to have killed TEN THOUSAND Filipinos as Vietnam and China now prepare for the worst
More than 10,000 people are believed to have died in Leyte, and many hundreds on other islands across the central Philippines, which would make Haiyan the country's worst recorded natural disaster.
But, in the most tragic of circumstances, Bea Joy restarted the cycle of life.
'She is my miracle. I had thought I would die with her still inside me when high waves came and took us all away,' she said, as her teary-eyed husband, Jobert, clasped the baby and a volunteer held an IV drip above them.
Miracle birth:
Miracle birth: New-born baby Bea Joy is held as mother Emily Ortega, 21, rests after giving birth at an improvised clinic at Tacloban airport
Named: Bea Joy was named after her grandmother Beatrice, who was missing following the onslaught of typhoon Haiyan
The husband said the first wave that came carried their wooden home in the coastal town of San Jose many metres inland, washing all of the family outside.
He said the entire community had been washed away, with the once picturesque area replaced by rubble and the bloated remains of people and animals.
'We are supposed to be celebrating today, but we are also mourning our dead,' Jobert said.
He said it was God's will that he found his wife floating amongst the debris.
New addition: 
New addition: New-born baby Bea Joy is held by her aunt Michelle Satur
Flooded: The new mother was in an evacuation centre when the storm surge hit and flooded the city
Makeshift clinic: A woman comforts a pregnant relative having labour pains 
Makeshift clinic: A woman comforts a pregnant relative having labour pains
Temporary: The control tower was turned into a temporary clinic for the expectant mothers
They were carried away for what felt like hours until the water subsided, and they found themselves sheltering in a school building where other mud-soaked and injured survivors had huddled.
The couple and their surviving neighbours subsisted there until Monday morning only on bottles of water they found among the debris. Jobert said he knew that his wife was about to give birth any day, but no help or aid had come.
'She began labour at 5:00 am (Monday) so we had to walk several kilometres before a truck driver hitched us a ride,' he said.
The young military doctor who attended to her, Captain Victoriano Sambale, said the new mother had already broken her waters by the time the couple stepped inside the building, and then developed bleeding during the delivery.
'This is the first time we have delivered a baby here. The baby is fine and we have managed to stop the bleeding of the mother,' he said.
However, the doctors were extremely concerned about potential infections that could easily be caught amid the unsterile conditions, with the medical team almost powerless now to help her.
'Definitely the mother is still in danger from infection and sepsis (septicemia). So we need to give her intravenous antibiotics. Unfortunately we ran out of even the oral antibiotics yesterday,' Sambale said.

post signature
Twitter News Recently updated
Back To Top